This time we are looking on the crossword clue for: Univ. in Dallas.
it’s A 15 letters crossword puzzle definition. See the possibilities below.
We hope you did!. If you are still unsure with some definitions, don’t hesitate to search them here with our crossword solver.
Possible Answers: SMU.
Random information on the term “SMU”:
Saint Martin’s University is a coeducational, Catholic, liberal arts university in the United States. Located in Lacey, Washington, it was founded in 1895 as an all-boys boarding school by monks of the Benedictine Order. Saint Martin’s began offering college-level courses in 1900 and became a degree-granting institution in 1940. The college became coeducational in 1965. In 2005, it changed its name from Saint Martin’s College to Saint Martin’s University. The school motto is “Think with heart.” With a 12:1 student-to-teacher ratio and a minority student population of 45%, the college has a reputation for diversity and small class sizes. It has a functioning Benedictine monastery on school grounds, and some members of the monastic community also serve as professors. The tuition for 2013-2014 is $31,688 although many students benefit from financial aid packages.
Saint Martin’s patron saint is Saint Martin of Tours, a fourth-century Gregorian missionary and later Bishop of Tours. The University and its founder, Saint Martin’s Abbey, sit on 300 acres (1.2 km2) of woodlands, trees, rocks, and meandering trails. The site was selected in 1893 by Abbot Bernard Locnikar, O.S.B., of Minnesota’s Saint John’s Abbey, Saint Martin’s Abbey’s mother house. At a public auction on April 21, 1894, the wooded parcel that would become the Saint Martin’s campus was purchased for $6,920. Work began on Saint Martin’s first building in January 1895, and by late summer, a four-story structure housing both the school and a monastery was completed. The school at that time offered preparatory classes for boys, plus commercial and classical education for older boys and young men. Boarding students who came from outside of town also were housed in the campus’ one large building. Today, that structure is referred to as Old Main and continues to house many of the university’s classrooms and offices.